We close the series on biblical womanhood today. We have looked at five important doctrines that a woman seeking biblical womanhood should stand firm upon in her life. It is because of these doctrines that we affirmed a number of beliefs (principles) that are central to the Christian faith and those desiring to practice biblical womanhood. Now, we issue a challenge: What are you going to do to live a life in true biblical womanhood?
As women who believe the previous days’ doctrines and principles, we need to follow through with those beliefs in practice. As women seeking to fulfill God’s will and His purpose for our lives, with God’s grace and our complete dependence on His power, we will strive to:
- Seek to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. (Deuteronomy 5:4-5; Mark 12:29-30)
- Gladly yield control of our lives to Christ as Lord – we will say “Yes, Lord” to the Word and the will of God. (Psalm 25:4-5; Romans 6:11-13; Romans 6:16-18; Ephesians 5:15-17)
- Be women of the Word, seeking to grow in our knowledge of Scripture and to live in accord with sound doctrine in every area of our lives. (Acts 17:11; 1 Peter 1:15; 2 Peter 3:17-18; Titus 2:1-7)
- Nurture our fellowship and communion with God through prayer – in praise, thanksgiving, confession, intercession, and supplication. (Psalm 5:2; Philippians 4:6; 1 Timothy 2:1-2)
- Embrace and express our unique design and calling as women with humility, gratitude, faith, and joy. (Proverbs 31:10-31; Colossians 3:18; Ephesians 5:22-33)
- Seek to glorify God by cultivating such virtues as purity, modesty, submission, meekness, and love. (Romans 12:9-21; 1 Peter 3:1-6; 1 Timothy 2:9-14)
- Show proper respect to both men and women, created in the image of God, esteeming others as better than ourselves, seeking to build them up, and putting off bitterness, anger, and evil speaking. (Ephesians 4:29-32; Philippians 2:1-4; James 3:7-10; James 4:11)
- Be faithfully engaged in our local church, submitting ourselves to our spiritual leaders, growing in the context of the community of faith, and using the gifts He has given us to serve others, to build up the Body of Christ, and to fulfill His redemptive purposes in the world. (Romans 12:6-8; Romans 14:19; Ephesians 4:15; Ephesians 4:29; Hebrews 13:17)
- Seek to establish homes that manifest the love, grace, beauty, and order of God, that provide a climate conducive to nurturing life, and that extend Christian hospitality to those outside the walls of our homes. (Proverbs 31:10-31; 1 Timothy 5:10; 1 John 3:17-18)
- Honor the sacredness, purity, and permanence of the marriage covenant – whether ours or others’. (Matthew 5:27-28; Mark 10:5-9; 1 Corinthians 6:15-20; Hebrews 13:4)
- Receive children as a blessing from the Lord, seeking to train them to love and follow Christ and to consecrate their lives for the sake of His gospel and Kingdom. (Psalm 127:3; Proverbs 4:1-23; Proverbs 22:6)
- Live our the mandate of Titus 2 – as older women, modeling godliness and training younger women to be pleasing to God in every respect; as younger women, receiving instruction with meekness and humility and aspiring to become mature women of God who in turn will train the next generation. (Titus 2:3-5)
- Seek opportunities to share the gospel of Christ with unbelievers. (Matthew 28:19-20; Colossians 4:3-6)
- Reflect God’s heart for those who are poor, infirm, oppressed, widows, orphans, and prisoners, by reaching out to minister to their practical and spiritual needs in the name of Christ. (Matthew 25:36; Luke 10:25-37; James 1:27; 1 Timothy 6:17-19)
- Pray for a movement of revival and reformation among God’s people that will result in the advancement of the Kingdom and gospel of Christ among all nations. (2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 51:1-10; Psalm 85:5-6; 2 Peter 3:9)
Are you a woman in agreement with the lessons laid out in this series? Do you desire to live a counter-cultural life of true biblical womanhood?
Our world needs women who will stand for God. As Christian women, it is time we stand for truth, to live counter-culturally, to be the women God intended us to be.
For such a time as this.
Esther 4:14, For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
1 The list above is taken directly from the True Woman Manifesto provided through Revive Our Hearts Ministry.
The framework of this series was taken from the True Woman Manifesto provided through Revive Our Hearts Ministry. A True Woman Manifesto signature page is available at the provided link.